What is MagScapes the company?
MagScapes is a British invention, we created the first printable magnet-receptive wallcovering in 2006, and now manufacture and sell magnet-related materials worldwide. MagScapes Limited has secured patents in UK and Europe and is the worldwide licensed reseller of MagScapes technology.
Who uses MagScapes products and where?
The people who buy our products are:
- Private home owners
- Interior designers
- Contract fit out decorators
- Sign and display printers
The places our products are used include:
- Residential interiors
- Corporate: offices & corporate headquarters
- Hospitality: hotels, leisure venues, restaurants, bars and cruise ships
- Healthcare: hospitals, care homes and medical facilities
- Education: schools, universities and further education establishments
- Retail: shops and out of town mixed retail/leisure centres
- Museum and Exhibition: commercial display spaces
What exactly is magnetic wallpaper?
MagScapes wallcoverings are all receptive to magnets. The ferrous particles embedded within the wallcovering material making it receptive to all magnets, just like a metal cabinet or fridge door. MagScapes provides two ranges; MS Lite has a minimum ferrous content and MS Plus a maximum ferrous content.
Because our wallcoverings are not magnetically charged, they have no effect on sensitive equipment such as computers, mobile phones or pacemakers. A wall covered with MagScapes is like being in a room that has a metal filing cabinet.
Are MagScapes wallcoverings safe?
Yes. MagScapes wallcoverings are completely safe - they will not harm children, pets, computers or pacemakers. They do not contain; lead, dangerous chemicals, pthalates, solvents, thinners or wetting agents. MagScapes vinyl wallcoverings have been tested to meet the strict European health and safety standards.
To refer to our manufacturers safety and data sheet: Click here
MagScapes sell low and high power magnets.
MS Lite magnets:
This is a low power magnet that is made with generic rubber sheet and is safe for all applications including kids play and educational applications.
The magnetic motifs have a base substrate made from standard sheet magnet used to create fridge magnets. It is rubber sheet that contains millions of microscopic iron particles that have been magnetized by an electro-magnetic field. Once magnetized, these iron particles hold their magnetic charge permanently. The magnetic material, when cut to size and shape, will hold its own weight on a vertical MagScapes product securely.
MS Plus magnets:
These are nickle coated neodymium magnets that have a very strong pull strength. They are designed for adult applications only and are not suitable for children.
These magnets are used for decorative and utility applications such as bulletin boards - and because of their pull strength are especially useful for holding notes, plans, charts and other items to a wall.
Warning! Magnets sticking together or becoming attached to a metallic object inside the human body can cause serious or fatal injury. Seek immediate medical help if magnets are swallowed, ingested or inhaled.
To read our magnets safety guide, please click here
Where can I buy MagScapes?
You can buy products directly from this website for delivery worldwide. For custom services via our London office or any overseas agent.
How do I hang MagScapes Theme posters and borders?
Theme posters and borders are sold with a sachet of ready-mixed paste and are easy to hang. (click for more information)
How do I hang MagScapes wallcoverings?
MS Lite wallcoverings hang with ready mixed paste and are easy to handle. (click to download full hanging instructions)
MS Plus wallcoverings and liners also hang with ready mixed paste and are heavier to manage so we recommend they are hung by professional decorators. (click to download full hanging instructions)
How do I calculate how many MagScapes rolls I need?
To calculate how much wallcovering you need - use the calculator.
Do MagScapes need special care?
The wallcoverings require no special care, simply keep clean using a damp cloth. If using in areas of bright sunlight, regularly move magnets to avoid long-term discolouring of wallcovering.
Can I use any fridge magnets on MagScapes wallcoverings?
Depending on the type of fridge magnet:
- MS Lite wallcoverings have low receptivity so only flexible sheet magnets will hold (not iron or ceramic magnets)
- MS Plus liner or Dry Erase wallcoverings have high receptivity so most magnets will hold
If in doubt, please call or test on sample before buying. If you wish to use magnets to hold notes or other objects on the wall - use MS Plus wallcoverings with rare earth magnets.
Can I apply MagScapes to my ceiling?
No. MagScapes wallcoverings and magnets are designed to work only on vertical surfaces.
Can I apply MagScapes to curved walls?
Yes. MagScapes wallcoverings may be applied to gentle curved walls.
How does the MagScapes custom service work?
MagScapes can create any design of wallcovering or magnet as part of its custom orders. The wallcovering may include Ms Lite or MS Plus materials and have any design applied to it. Magnets may be designed to be any size, colour, design or shape and covered with a wide range of tactile fabrics and finishes. If you wish to have a custom design, please see our customer section.
When selecting an image for your wall or magnets, please ensure you have purchased the rights to use it and that the resolution of the image is large enough for the final print size. We recommend images be scalable .eps files or if pixellated are 150dpi at 100% and are saved as CMYK tif file format. If you need any help please contact our custom service team.
Can I paint on top of MagScapes wallcoverings?
Yes you can paint:
- directly onto MS Plus Matt White Paintable
- using an all purpose primer onto MS Plus Grey Liner, then overpainting with your preferred colour choice.
Which dry erase pens work best with MS Plus Dry Erase?
MagScapes recommend the Expo brand for dry erase markers and accessories for MS Plus dry erase materials.
When using dry erase pens on our wallcoverings please consider the following:
- use a recommended brand (cheaper pen nibs can scratch the surface, more aggressive pens use stronger inks that leave stains or are harder to wipe off)
- spray and wipe all pen marks off at the end of the day
- use a water and soap spray as well as dry board cloth eraser
- white spirit may be used to clean shadow stains
How to clean Chalk Pen off Chalkboard surfaces?
When using chalkboard pens apply the following cleaning steps:
- examine your chalk pen or its packaging to determine what kind of chalk ink you’ve used. Most chalk pens wipe clean with water, but some pens used for chalkboard artwork require an ammonia based cleanser. If you can’t determine what kind of chalk pen you’ve used, first try removing the pen marks with water only, and then proceed to other methods.
- wet a clean, lint-free cloth with water. Wring out the cloth so the rag is damp instead of drenched. Wipe your chalkboard wall with the wet rag to remove the pen marks.
- dampen your cloth with an ammonia-based cleanser; most glass surface cleaners contain ammonia. Wipe away the chalk pen marks with the ammonia dampened rag.
- dab at stubborn pen marks with the wet edge of a melamine sponge if the ammonia doesn’t work. Since the melamine sponge can remove your wall’s chalkboard paint, only use very gentle pressure.
How long is the Delivery Time?
For stocked goods, UK orders are normally dispatched within 24hrs and received in 2-3 days. EU and US orders are 4-5 days. All orders are sent using the best shipping rates and are fully trackable. Delivery times for custom orders will be stated on your quotation.
What is MagScapes Environmental Policy?
To read our environmental policy document: Click here
Terms and Conditions of Sale
To view our full terms and conditions of sale - including our delivery policy, refund, replacement and cancellation terms: Click here